Here is a list of most frequently asked questions about Camp Hollywood. If you don’t find an answer to your question here, please e-mail us at email@example.com, we’ll be glad to help!
1. Can I buy a day pass for classes or an individual class?
No, sorry. In order to take classes you do need to be a weekend pass holder.
2. What class level should I sign up for?
We have eliminated the need to register for a specific level in advance, due to having learned from the past few years that the vast majority of people prefer to take a combination of Intermediate and Intermediate Plus, or would like to drop to beginner to take a beginning Balboa class, etc. We can tell you that the Beginner track is progressive, so we recommend staying with this track for the most consistency. Also the new Audition track which has the weekend’s most challenging material requires a try out judged by instructors during the first class time of the weekend (9 AM Saturday).
3. What if I want to do everything BUT the classes at the camp (ie, spectate the daytime contests, attend evening dances, etc)?
We recommend you buy our “Party Pass” now which gets entrance to all events if you don’t want to take classes. You can add a contest at any time to this pass if you decide to be a competitor, but be aware that some contests will be full before the camp weekend (Amateur Mix & Match, Showcase, Am Classic and Am Lindy are likely to be full).
4. What is your refund policy?
Please note that pass downgrades from full weekend to party pass for a refund are no longer allowed
5. I am planning on chaperoning a minor during Camp Hollywood, how does this work?
We allow one chaperone per minor, e-mail us for details.
6. What is included in the weekend pass rate?
All events – so, all classes, evening dances, contest spectating, after hours, etc. Not included are meals, hotel rooms, and contest fees if you’re planning on competing.
7. I want to watch my friend/relative in a contest, what does this cost?
It depends on when the contest occurs – we have daytime contest spectating tickets and evening dance tickets in the “registration” section. If you need help, shoot us an e-mail!
8. I can’t check in Friday night, when are your check in times?
Check in and new camp sign ups go on throughout the weekend. We start check in at 5 PM Friday evening and then again at 8 AM Saturday morning.
9. What do I do if the hotel says it’s full or the rate isn’t available?
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we may be able to add rooms for you!